The (Small) Guest List for Prince Philip’s Funeral Has Been Revealed
Due to COVID-19, the guest list for Prince Philip’s funeral is incredibly small. Only 30 members of the royal family will be able to attend in person. Previously, we knew that the guest list would include Prince Harry who flew from California to the UK two days after his grandfather passed away, but we did not know the entire guest list.
Now, Buckingham Palace has revealed which 30 members of the royal family will be attending the funeral in-person. And, they are:
1. The Queen
2. The Prince of Wales (Prince Charles)
3. The Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla)
4. The Duke of Cambridge (Prince William)
5. The Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton)
6. The Duke of Sussex (Prince Harry)
7. The Duke of York (Prince Andrew)
8. Princess Beatrice
9. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
10. Princess Eugenie
11. Jack Brooksbank
12. The Earl of Wessex (Prince Edward)
13. The Countess of Wessex (Sophie)
14. Lady Louise Windsor
15. Viscount Severn
16. The Princess Royal (Princess Anne)
17. Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
18. Peter Phillips
19. Zara Phillips
20. Mike Tindall
21. Earl of Snowdon (David Armstrong-Jones)
22. Lady Sarah Chatto
23. Daniel Chatto
24. Duke of Gloucester (Prince Henry)
25. Duke of Kent (Prince Edward)
26. Princess Alexandra
27. Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden
28. Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse
29. Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
You may notice that there are only 29 people on this list that is supposed to include 30. Why isn’t there a number 30? We cannot be sure, but we wonder if it was a placeholder for the Duchess of Sussex who was not given medical clearance by her doctor to fly since she is currently pregnant.
Prince Harry and Prince William will both be walking behind the coffin, but they will not be standing next to each other. Watch the video below to learn why.
Do you think it’s strange that Prince Harry and Prince William won’t be walking next to each other in the funeral procession? As one viewer pointed out, they weren’t walking next to each other during their mother’s funeral either, so it may not have anything to do with the status of their relationship.
Why do you think there are only 29 guests that will be attending the funeral in-person when there could have been 30?