Pineapple Upside-Down Bundt Cake
We’ve found it— the dessert recipe you need to take to this year’s first summer barbecue! Not only is this cake bursting with all the flavors of that tropical vacation we all wish we could take, it’s really easy to make, too. Seriously. Don’t be intimidated by words “bundt” or “upside down” in that title. All you need is the right pan and our guide, and you’ll have it done in under an hour. You can even use a boxed cake mix! (Prefer homemade? It’s easy to adapt, too.) When your friends slice into it and see those perfectly arranged pineapples and cherries, though, they’ll think you baked for hours. Win-win! Here’s how to do it.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN BUNDT CAKE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
– ½ cup butter, melted
– ½ cup packed brown sugar
– 1 – 20-ounce can pineapple slices, juice reserved
– 1 jar maraschino cherries
– 1 box yellow cake mix
– 1 – 3.4-ounce box vanilla pudding mix
– 3 eggs
– ⅓ cup vegetable oil
– ⅓ cup milk, plus more as needed
- When you add the reserved pineapple juice and milk in step 4, they should equal 1 cup of liquid. If you like, you can first pour the reserved pineapple juice into a liquid measuring cup. Add enough milk until you have 1 cup of liquid. Add the liquid to the combined cake-and-pudding mix, then proceed with the recipe.
Can you tell we love flipping our pineapples upside-down? Check out these cute Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes, pineapple upside-down pancakes for breakfast, pineapple upside-down fudge for when you just need a bite, and for Friday night, our fun pineapple upside-down cake shot. And the classic cake that started it all? We’ve got a recipe for that too!
Recipe slightly adapted from Pintesting