Here’s a First Look At How Disney World Will Look When It Reopens This Weekend
When coronavirus first made itself known in the U.S. in March, one of the first places that shut their doors was our beloved Disney World. After all, it certainly would not be the most magical place in the world if everyone who rode “It’s a Small World After All” ended up sick, right?
While it felt like the day the park would reopen would never get here, it’s finally right on the horizon: This weekend, Saturday, July 11! We can’t believe it, either.
We have questions, however. Will pre-COIVD Disney World look anything like post-COVID Disney World? Just what has changed in the four months the amusement park has been closed?
Well, quite a bit, to say the least. The parks will be open, but they will be implementing a very cautious phased reopening plan complete with many health and safety measures for their guests as well as employees.
So what can you expect if you’re visiting Disney this summer? Here are just some of the precautions in place:
- You must wear a mask at all times. All guests over the age of three will be required to wear face coverings like masks during their entire duration in the park.
- You’ll get a temperature check at the entrance. Anyone coming into the park will have their temperature taken before they’re allowed to enter.
- You’ll have every chance to wash and sanitize your hands. Various hand-washing and hand sanitizer stations will be added throughout the park.
- You won’t need to use credit cards. Cashless transactions at gift shops and the like will be encouraged so that guests can rest assured they can limit the spread of germs.
- Events that create crowds are standby until further notice. Parades, fireworks, and other events that may create crowds won’t occur for the time being.
- Capacities have been reduced. Capacities for the park will be significantly decreased from what it used to be.
- Reservations will be necessary. Reservations in advance to enter the park as well as its on-site restaurants will be mandatory.
This isn’t even everything! To hear more about what you can expect in terms of the reopening plan, as well as see scenes from the new normal of Disney World, check out the video below.
Do you have any plans to visit Disney World any time soon? What do you think of all the changes in place? Do you think this will hinder the Disney experience or do you think all of the changes are necessary?