The Police Have Been Called to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Southern California Home 9 Times in Nine Months
When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle chose to leave the British royal family and relocate to Canada, they didn’t realize that would mean that the royal family would no longer provide security for their family. In particular, Prince Harry thought that he was entitled to security since he was born into the royal family. He told Oprah that since he inherited the title of prince that meant that he also inherited risk. He thought that meant he would be provided security for life no matter what.
Harry and Meghan chose to relocate from Canada to California before lockdowns happened due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They didn’t want to end up stuck in Canada in a home whose address had been released to the public and without any security. They moved for their own safety.
The couple briefly stayed in Los Angeles while looking for a more permanent home which they later found in Santa Barbara. They moved in the middle of the summer during July 2020.
It has been 9 months since the Sussexes moved into their new home, and during that time, the police have also been called to their home 9 times. Watch the video below for more details about these calls to the police.
The first four calls to the police were in July 2020 during the early morning hours. The 5th call was in August, and the 6th call was in November.
At 4:13pm on Christmas Eve a 37-year-old man was found trespassing on the couple’s property. That was the 7th call to the police. The man was arrested under a misdemeanor charge but later released from jail.
The 8th call was the day after Christmas, December 26, 2020. This incident was listed as “Property Crimes.” The 9th and most recent call was on February 16, 2021, at 2:21am. This, like most of the calls, was due to an alarm activation.
All of these calls to the police in such a short amount of time seem to prove that Meghan and Harry were right to be concerned about having their security removed.
Dai Davies, a retired chief superintendent who used to lead the UK’s royal protection unit, thinks the couple should have known this would happen. Davies told the Daily Mail, “It was simply arrogant to presume they and their baby would get protection.” Davies explained that it would have cost the UK $5.5 million each year to continue to provide security for the Sussexes.
Do you think it was “arrogant” of Harry and Meghan to assume they would get security after stepping down as senior members of the royal family? Does it surprise you that there have been 9 calls to the police in just 9 months?