How to Make Your Eyes Pop When You Wear Glasses
There can be a fine line between a natural makeup look, but then not being able to really notice the details with glasses right over them—and that’s especially true when it comes to your eyes. After all, what’s the point in spending all that time to apply mascara, eye shadow, and eyeliner when no one can even tell you’re wearing makeup?
This phenomenon can be especially upsetting if you love makeup. And let’s face it, many women do. Makeup is like a fine art—something you can truly change your appearance every day with. And if you wear glasses, it can feel like it’s just hindering all that hard work you put into it.
In a way, you’re kind of right. Not every makeup look will be as flattering with your glasses as others. However, know that there are lots of ways to make those peepers shine through the frames—and it’s probably easier than you think.
Here are some general tips to keep in mind when applying makeup around your eyes to make them more noticeable behind your glasses:
- Use a bright eye shadow, which will give that pop you’re looking for. Darker colors can emphasize your under-eye bags, making people who wear glasses actually look more tired than they are.
- Match your eyeliner thickness to your frames. That means if you’ve got thick frames, apply eyeliner on thick. If you wear thinner frames, you’ll want a more low-key application. Additionally, make sure the color of the eyeliner you’re using is lighter than your frames so it doesn’t blend behind them.
- Make your eyeshadow color enhance your eye color. Research what colors work best for your eye color. Generally, oranges and browns complement blue eyes, neutral pinks and taupes match well with hazel or green eyes, and brown-eyed people can go for the purples, blues, and greens.
- Curl your eyelashes. The simple curve in lashes can make your eyes look bigger and brighter, especially through frames.
- Use an under-eye brightening concealer to hide dark circles, since glasses can make them show even more (that’s right, they don’t hide those things—just magnify them!).
While there are a lot of looks that do work, there is one ultimate makeup that is an absolute fail-safe. Watch the makeup tutorial below and learn how to make all four of your eyes pop beautifully.
Do you wear glasses? Do you struggle with finding the right makeup look to make your beauty shine through? Have you ever tried a look like this one before?