Sick of Your Short Hair? These Techniques Will Help Your Hair Grow Long and Strong!
Have you ever been to your hair dresser and asked, “Can you take off just an inch or two?” and then walked out with enough hair on the floor to carpet a room? Let’s be honest—we’ve all been there! Though some hair salon experiences can be distressing, there are ways that you can re-grow your hair quickly and naturally. Here are some foolproof tips that will help you achieve longer, healthier, more luscious locks.
The first thing that you will need to do is load up on the right materials. Don’t worry! You probably already own most of these products.
ESSENTIAL FOR HAIR GROWTH
- boar-bristle brush
- moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- leave-in conditioner
- deep conditioning treatment with protein
- silica supplement
HELPFUL FOR HAIR GROWTH
- charcoal shower filter
- satin pillowcase
Intimidated by all of these supplies? Don’t be! Here are the step-by-step instructions for promoting hair growth:
- Brush your hair with a boar bristle brush. These can be on the pricier side, but we promise that they are worth it. They are longer lasting and gentler on the hair then standard, plastic bristle brushes. The best way brush is by leaning forward with your forehead facing the ground. This position will help bring more oils to the end of each strand. It’s also a great method for increasing blood flow to the scalp. Good circulation is the key to speeding up hair growth.
- Be sure to use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. In the shower it’s important to massage both products into the scalp. Also, leave the conditioner in your hair and away from the water for at least a few minutes. This is key time that will help to condition your hair, thus strengthening it and promoting the healing of split ends. Add leave-in conditioner to your ends every day. At least once per month, add a leave-in conditioner with protein.
- Use a charcoal filter. Pollutants and minerals in the water do a good job of ruining the strength of your hair follicles, starting at the scalp. The charcoal filter acts like a Brita does in your kitchen. It takes out all of the bad stuff and leaves you with clean, purified water.
- Stay away from heated hair appliances like curling irons, straightening irons, hair dryers, and heated rollers. I know, I know. Most everyone (including myself) finds this to be an almost impossible task to achieve. For those of you who weren’t born with naturally bouncy, frizz free curls, or straight hair that’s full of body, this may be a tough rule to follow. Nonetheless, reducing your use of heated appliances will help your hair grow dramatically.
- Switch out your cotton or linen pillowcases for satin ones. You won’t believe how often you move around when you sleep at night. Hair can catch on porous materials, but using satin pillowcases ensures that this won’t happen.
- Take a daily multivitamin. It’s vital that you take vitamins that are high in antioxidants and B vitamins. Most recently, biotin has gained popularity, and can be found in many brands of vitamins that are geared towards beauty. There are also more expensive supplements out there that contain higher levels of biotin and silica which help to encourage hair growth.
- Avoid coloring your hair altogether. Some hair dyes claim to make hair healthier, but it’s simply not true. The healthiest hair is always free of color and added chemicals.
- Don’t trim or cut your hair too often! Only trim when you need to reduce the amount of split ends.
Add these simple steps into your beauty routine, and you will be rewarded with strong, gorgeous, and long locks!
Do you have any salon horror stories? Have any home remedies for hair growth? Tell us all about it in the comments section below.