Decorating Easter eggs is always a fun highlight of spring, but the messiness of dye is definitely a downside. This easy idea from La Receta de la Felicidad (Recipe of Happiness) turns everyday napkins into elegant, unique decorations that will make your eggs the prettiest ones in the basket.
Dye-Free and Easy Easter Eggs
– 12 white hard boiled eggs, cold
– 3 paper napkins in your favorite festive pattern
– 2 pasteurized egg whites, lightly beaten
– Craft brush or basting brush
- If your napkins are multi ply, separate the patterned top layer from the plain lower layers. Discard the lower sheets.
- Cut each napkin into four squares.
- Dip your brush into the beaten egg whites and apply one of the napkin squares to the front center of an egg.
- Dip the brush into the egg whites again and gently smooth the napkin from the center out.
- Cut off any excess napkin, and let the egg dry on a paper towel.
- For a glossier effect, when dry, use a paper towel to wipe the eggs with vegetable oil.
Lovely and different! What do you think of this method? Have you ever decorated eggs without dyeing them?