If you love Cracker Barrel (and, let’s be honest, who doesn’t?) you’ve probably indulged in the restaurant’s famous Coca Cola cake at one point or another. You can order this cake by the slice for a piece of warm, chocolaty goodness that has all the rich flavor of cocoa and the sweet tangy flavor of cola. Two flavors we all know and love. But if a little piece after dinner just isn’t curving your cravings for this delectable cake, then you need to take things to the next level: making your own, homemade chocolate Coke cake. This copycat recipe is so easy to duplicate right in your kitchen – and the best part? You don’t even need to share. Watch the video below to see how you can bring Cracker Barrel taste right into your kitchen.
This is one of those desserts that you’re probably going to have food dreams about tonight. You’re welcome. And honestly, there’s so much to love about this copycat cake, we’re not sure what the best part about this recipe is.
It could be the moist and fluffy chocolate cake at the heart of the recipe, created with a combination of mouthwatering flavors like vanilla, cola, and cocoa. Or maybe it’s the creamy, homemade chocolate frosting that you’ll be smothering on top. Maybe it’s just the feeling that you’re enjoying a Cracker Barrel classic right at home!
No matter the reason, this copycat recipe is a must-try for chocolate lovers everywhere. Once you get a taste of this decadent dessert and its layers of flavor, you’ll have to stop yourself from eating the entire pan!
What do you think of this Cracker Barrel copycat? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Coke Cake
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Coca Cola
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a pot over medium heat, combine oil, cola, and butter. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add in your sugar and flour, stirring until the batter is smooth.
- Put your batter in a separate bowl. Add in your buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, cocoa, and baking soda. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 30 minutes.
- While your cake bakes, prepare your frosting in a separate bowl. Start by beating you butter and cocoa powder with a hand mixer. Add your cola, vanilla, and chocolate syrup. Beat to combine, gradually adding your powdered sugar as you mix.
- Remove your cake from the oven and give it a few minutes to cool. Frost your cake and enjoy!