There’s no dessert more decadent and romantic than chocolate-covered strawberries— or so we thought, until we made these fudgy brownies studded with chocolate chunks and topped with fresh strawberries and rich chocolate sauce.
The thing you’ll really swoon over? These chocolate-covered strawberry brownies are as easy to make as they are scrumptious.
We started with our favorite boxed brownie mix – but you could use your go-to recipe for brownies from scratch – then we doubled up on the chocolatiness by stirring milk chocolate chips into the batter. While the brownies were cooling, we tried very hard to resist eating the whole pan immediately, and chopped up some red, ripe strawberries.
We spread the sweet strawberries on top with a two-ingredient chocolate ganache that’s so easy, you can make it in the microwave. The result was the prettiest pan of brownies we’ve ever seen — definitely worthy of taking to a party or gifting to a special someone with a sweet tooth.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 box brownie mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil (or other oil)
- Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions, and fold in the milk chocolate chips. Bake the brownies in the prepared 8-inch baking dish according to the package instructions. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Top the cooled brownies with the chopped strawberries and the melted chocolate mixture.
- Chill the brownies until the chocolate is fully set before cutting the brownies (about 1 hour). These chocolate-covered strawberry brownies are best served the same day, but keep them refrigerated if you store them for later.
We’re brownie fanatics here at TipHero. Case in point:
- Poke Turtle Brownies
- Chocolate Stout Brownies
- Cheesecake Swirled Red Velvet Brownies
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies