8 Ways to Eat ALL The Cadbury Creme Eggs This Easter
Keep your chocolate bunnies, hide your hard-boiled eggs and put away your Peeps. For a lot of us, the ultimate in Easter candy is Cadbury Creme Eggs, and we look forward all year to their reappearance on grocery store shelves. This year, why not take it to the next level and incorporate these delicious chocolates into even-more-delicious desserts? These next eight desserts are sure to satisfy even the most passionate of Cadbury Creme Egg addicts.
- Caramel Egg Stuffed Croissants
Why not start the festivities at brunch with these decadent croissants from Taming Twins? All you have to do is brush some premade, tubed croissant dough with a beaten egg, wrap it around a Cadbury Egg, and bake!
- Creme Egg Cheesecake
Taming Twins – a true Cadbury Creme Egg hero – brings us this cheesecake for those of us feeling really ambitious. Follow the directions at the link and make this decadent dessert with:
- 10 ounces (about 2 1/3 cups) chocolate/chocolate-coated graham crackers (or, if you can find them, digestive chocolate biscuits, as called for in the original recipe)
- 9 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint heavy cream, lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks
- 5/8 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Two 10 ounce packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Full fat)
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 10 ounces Mini Cadbury’s Creme Eggs (about 3 small bags)
- 3 or 4 full-sized Cadbury Creme Eggs to decorate
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Yellow Gel Food Coloring (optional, to color the chocolate)
- Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies
Simply make your favorite brownies and press a Cadbury Egg into the batter before baking. Roxana’s Home Baking gives us a brownie recipe, but you can always make your own favorite recipes!
- Creme Egg Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Moosey shows us another way to stuff eggs into our favorite baked goods. This time, wrap your favorite cookie dough around the mini versions of the Cadbury Creme Eggs and chill for 1 hour before baking.
- Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
This genius recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody breaks apart our candies, using the centers to make a wonderful buttercream frosting and the shells for a chocolate ganache filling. Combined with the devil’s food cake, these pastries are true cupcake versions of the Cadbury Eggs.
- Cadbury Creme Cookie Cups
Rather than just using Cadbury Eggs, In Katrina’s Kitchen teaches us how to make the creme filling for ourselves and bake it into a chocolate chip cup. This recipe will let you have the taste of Cadbury Eggs all year long!
- Cadbury Creme Ice Cream
It’s not just baked goods getting in on the fun. Culinary Concoctions by Peabody strikes again with this recipe for smooth ice cream.
- Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake
Still haven’t gotten your fill of Cadbury Creme Eggs? Wash it all down with this milkshake from Chocolate Moosey, another multi-recipe Cadbury hero. Use one egg to make a fondant cream, and then blend it together with chocolate ice cream for a shake too good to be true.
I’m too excited to decide where to start on this list! Which recipe do you think you’ll try? How much do you love Cadbury Creme Eggs?