Hot chocolate is no-brainer for the holiday season. And so are brownies. So why not mix them together? Novel idea, right? We found this recipe over at Chef in Training and almost passed out when we saw how fabulous these brownies looked.
Here’s what you need to make them for yourself:
-1 cup butter, softened
-1¾ cups sugar
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-½ teaspoon salt
-¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
-½ cup hot cocoa mix
-1⅔ cup flour
-1 10 oz. bag large marshmallows
And here’s how you make ’em:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add in the salt, cocoa, hot cocoa mix and flour. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated, but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X13″ baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, cut marshmallows in half.
- After brownies are done cooking, place halved marshmallows (uncut side up) over the tops of the brownies. Place under the broiler for 1 or 2 minutes until marshmallows are golden and nicely toasted. Be sure not to burn.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting!