Is it ever possible to have enough macaroni and cheese? After all, the classic dish is one most of us have been loving since childhood, and just one bite of the cheesy noodles is enough to make us feel comfortable, warm and happy. Still, the kind of mac and cheese we eat doesn’t have to stay the same our entire lives— and it’s much more fun if it doesn’t! With so many variations on it out there, you could have a different kind of mac ‘n’ cheese every day for a month and never have to repeat yourself. Want to give it a try? Check out our list of the most fun, most varied, and most delicious mac ‘n’ cheese recipes, and start exploring!
- Mini Mac and Cheese BitesTipHero
Everybody loves mac and cheese, so of course it makes the perfect party appetizer. These bites work whether you’re making them from scratch or adapting the boxed kind, too!
- Pepperoni Pizza Mac ‘n’ Cheese
The one cheesy dish that rivals macaroni for our affection? Pizza— so of course, it was only a matter of time before they came together in a fantastically tasty dish.
- Crock-Pot Mac and CheeseTipHero
How to combine the flavor of homemade mac and cheese with the convenience of the box? Get your slow cooker involved, of course!
- Microwave Mug Mac ‘n’ CheeseGemma's Bigger Bolder Baking
Another great way to get a quick dose of macaroni without resorting to a box? This microwave mug meal!
- One-Pot Skillet Mac and CheeseEveryday Food
Making the classic on the stovetop doesn’t have to be messy or complicated, either. This version is made in a skillet for warm, cheesy delight.
- Bacon Mac ‘n’ Cheese PieOh Bite It
Oh yes, your eyes are telling you the truth— that’s a a macaroni and cheese pie, topped with bacon. Even better? It’s made with beer!
- Broccoli Mac and CheeseTipHero
Want to add something a little healthier to your pasta? Pack some broccoli in there for a burst of green in the crowd-pleaser . . .
- Creamy Stovetop Avocado Mac and CheeseTwo Peas and Their Pod
. . . or add some avocado for an extra-creamy version.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheesetakaokun via Flickr
We all know that cauliflower is versatile and super-powered, so of course it’s a great addition to macaroni and cheese for a healthier dish.
- Green Pea Mac & CheeseFood & Wine
Don’t stop at cauliflower for your sneaky veggie needs! Try this green pea version, which uses the little green guys to add just a hint of sweetness and veggie power to the cheesy dish.
- Spicy Roasted Vegetable Macaroni and CheeseThe Comfort Of Cooking
Adding veggies to your macaroni doesn’t have to mean just one! This recipe packs in broccoli, carrots, red pepper AND yellow squash!
- Spicy Bacon Jalapeño Mac & CheesePOPSUGAR Food
Looking for a recipe that’s totally crazy and indulgent? Try this version that includes bacon and a REALLY crazy secret ingredient: spicy Cheetos!
- Spicy Mac & CheeseFood & Wine
Give the classic some extra kick with chipotle, smoked paprika, black pepper and – most importantly! –jalapeños!
- Easy Stovetop Mac & CheeseFood & Wine
Don’t want crazy flavors or anything other than pasta and cheese? That’s easy! This version is as simple and delicious as it gets.
- Bacon-Weave Mac ‘n’ Cheese TacoBuzzFeed
Let’s get REALLY creative by combining mac and cheese with other foods. These tacos are not only filled with the cheesy fave, the shells are made out of bacon!
- Carnitas Mac and CheeseSimple Hacks Living
Can’t get enough of that Tex-Mex flare? Try a spicy carnitas topper . . .
- Chili Mac and CheeseSugar and Soul
. . . or this chili version that’s also one-pot!
- Korean Macaroni and CheeseCooking With Books
Even more exciting? Try combining your macaroni with a different culinary tradition entirely with a version made with panko, kimchi, and Korean hot pepper paste.
- Grilled Mac ‘n’ CheeseThe Official Hungry
Next on deck is this genius pairing with a grilled cheese sandwich. We can’t believe we haven’t been eating this one all our lives.
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese LasagnaWhat's Cooking
Need even more cheesy food macaroni combos? Try this lasagna . . .
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese Mozzarella BombsOh Bite It
. . . or these mozzarella bombs!
- Truffle Mac and CheeseMego On The Go
It’s easier than you might think to get restaurant-worthy macaroni and cheese at home! Instead of shelling out the cash, make your own truffle . . .
- Lobster Mac and CheeseFamily Cookbook Project
. . . and lobster versions!
- Breakfast Mac and CheeseSpicy Southern Kitchen
Mac and cheese for breakfast? It’s totally possible when you make it like THIS, with sausage and crumbled biscuits, or . . .
- Macaroni and Cheese WafflesSerious Eats
. . . turn it into waffles!
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed MeatballsSpend With Pennies
One of the best and tastiest things you can do with macaroni and cheese is stuff it inside other foods and make BOTH dishes infinitely tastier, like with these meatballs . . .
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Brown Sugar Balsamic PortobellosHow Sweet It Is
. . . these Portobello mushrooms . . .
- Mac and Cheese RavioliThe Food In My Beard
. . . and these raviolis! Who knew pasta-inside-pasta would be so great?
- Ultimate Mac and Cheese Pot PiePillsbury
This dish has everything— broccoli, bacon, breadsticks, and macaroni and cheese, all in the best take on pot pie you’ll ever have.
- Mac and Cheese DogsTaste and Tell
Sometimes, mac and cheese is like fairy dust— it magically transforms everything it tops and touches! Exhibit A: hot dogs!
- Mac and Cheese Baked PotatoThe Merry Thought
Exhibit B: Baked Potatoes!
- Creamy Baked White Macaroni and CheeseFreckle and Fair
Mac and cheese doesn’t have to be yellow and made with cheddar. Instead, try this version made with mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan!
- Vegan Caramelized Onion Mac ‘n’ CheeseMinimalist Baker
Another thing mac ‘n’ cheese doesn’t have to be? Made with real cheese! After all, why should vegans be left out of the fun?
- Macaroni and Cheese Mock-I RollsThe Food In My Beard via DIY Ready
Mac and cheese sushi? It’s fun, adorable, and easy to make! Your party guests will love it.
Still need even more recipes after that list? We know; we can’t get enough macaroni and cheese variations, either! Check out this list from DIY Ready for even more ideas and tell us which one you’ll be trying first!