Is there anything better than finding simple, lazy ways to make recipes that seemed like they’d be really complicated? Yes— using your slow cooker to make them! The Cooking With Jack Show is here to show us a really easy way to make chocolate lava cake that has our mouths watering. Watch to see how the tempting dessert comes together!
– 1 package Devil’s food cake mix
– 1 2/3 cups water
– 3 eggs
– 1/3 cup canola oil
– 2 cups cold 2% milk
– One 3.9 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
– 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease your 4-quart slow cooker. You can also use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up!
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker
- In another bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes, until soft-set. Spoon the mixture over the cake batter in the slow cooker, then sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm.
Yum! How good does this cake look? Have you ever made anything like it in your slow cooker before? Do you have your own easy or lazy way of making chocolate lava cake?