Do you love Indian food? Do you enjoy discovering recipes that take restaurant-only dishes and make them not only possible to make at home, but EASY? Then you are going to adore this recipe! Not only does it show us how to make chicken tikka masala at home, it shows us how to make it in the slow cooker for total ease and efficiency— and TASTE. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
–2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
–1 large onion, diced
–3 cloves garlic, minced
–1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
–2 tablespoons tomato paste
–2 tablespoons garam masala
–2 teaspoons smoked paprika
–2 teaspoons kosher salt
–2 – 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
–1-½ cups coconut milk
–Fresh cilantro, chopped to serve
–2 cups rice, cooked
- Place the onions, garlic, ginger, garam masala, paprika, salt and tomato paste in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the diced chicken and stir to evenly coat with the spice mixture.
- Add the diced tomatoes, cover the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the coconut. If you want a thicker sauce, leave the slow cooker uncovered during the remaining cook time.
- Serve over rice, topped with cilantro.
So good! Who would have thought it would be so easy to make a dish like this one at home? Tell us if you give it a try!
Recipe slightly adapted from The Kitchn