Eggs are the centerpiece of most breakfast or brunch meals. What would your Sunday mornings be without a pile of cheesy scrambled eggs or a few fried eggs on a toasted English muffin? I’m hungry just thinking about it! If you could eat eggs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then you are going to love this life hack. Bored by the same old hard-boiled eggs? Love scrambled eggs but feel annoyed by how long they take to make? This hack combines the best of both world by giving you this nifty little spin on breakfast: a hard boiled scrambled egg.
Off the bat, it sounds complicated, impossible even. But it’s true! You can scramble eggs right inside of their shells with no fancy tools required and in only a few minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need and what you’ll need to do to get started:
- Long sleeved shirt
- Rubber bands or ties
- Pot of boiling water
- Set your water on to boil as you normally would when making hard boiled eggs.
- Take each egg, one at a time, and place it in the center of the sleeve of your long-sleeved shirt.
- Secure the egg into place by tying down the fabric on either side, creating a little space just for the egg.
- Grab both ends of the sleeve. Then, you’re going to spin the egg in the sleeve in a circle motion, making the sleeve twist. As soon as the sleeve is twisted, pull both end of the sleeve so that the fabric quickly unwinds until taunt.
- Remove the egg you just scrambled and put in your next egg. Repeat steps 2-4.
- Once all you eggs have been scrambled, boil them as usual.
There you have it, scrambled hard boiled eggs in a snap! The scrambling of your eggs only added about a minute and thirty seconds to two minutes onto your regular cooking time. For regular scrambled eggs, this is a huge time saver! I don’t know about you, but the process usually takes about 10 minutes for me.
When you remove your eggs from the boiling water, you’ll find them firmly cooked inside their shell, like normal hard boiled eggs. However, you will noticed that the entire egg is yellow rather than white; this is because you scrambled the yolk effectively!
Cut your hard boiled egg open to reveal a scrambled surprise inside! Within your hard boiled egg will be a fluffy, scrambled center. This egg within an egg (egg-ception?) trick is not only cool, it’s also a delicious treat. This is a brilliant idea to make for a potluck brunch or to any party as a funky finger food – we doubt any of your friends have ever seen a scrambled hard boiled egg.
What do you think of this egg trick? Will you be making these awesome eggs for your next party or brunch? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Also Check out: