Potato stacks or stackers are a fun way to enjoy baked potato. The presentation will wow dinner guests and they’re easy to make using muffin tins. Check out the quick video below:
8-10 small gold potatoes (about 2 ½ lbs)
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin tins with butter.
2. Peel the potatoes, then slice thin (about 1/16 inch -1.6 mm thick) using a mandolin.
3. Put all of the potato slices in a large mixing bowl and add the cheese, butter, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well, then arrange the potato slices into stacks inside each muffin tin.
5. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are all tender when pierced with a knife, and the edges and bottoms of the stacks are golden brown.
*Make sure each potato is not wider than the muffin tin or the slices won’t lay flat
*Stack the potatoes over the top of the muffin tins by at least an inch so they don’t shrink down too much
*use a mandoline so all the potatoes are the same thickness and will cook evenly- there are inexpensive ones that work well, such as the one in the video.