If you’re looking for an elegantly tasty appetizer, you can’t do better than Parmesan Baked Tomatoes! For all the fancily delicious – and complicated! – competitors out there, there’s really nothing that tastes as decadent those simple, classic ingredients coming together. Doesn’t it really seem like tomatoes and cheese were just made for each other? Plus when you add those fresh herbs and spices to the top for that little extra kick, it just takes the whole thing to another level— and yet it’s still SO easy. Watch how it’s made, then read on for the recipe and make some TONIGHT to add some elegance and some classic taste to your plate. It’ll be the best decision you make all day.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
PARMESAN BAKED TOMATOES
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the tomatoes into thirds. Place the slices on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tomatoes with olive oil. Season with the salt, pepper and dried oregano. Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and just beginning to slightly brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm and enjoy!
So simple, so easy, so DELICIOUS! It’s our favorite type of appetizer— or side dish, or snack. Frankly, you could probably make an entire meal out of these tomatoes if you wanted to do so, and honestly, who would blame you if you did? We might do it ourselves tonight!
So what do you think of these Parmesan Baked Tomatoes? Do you often make them yourself? If you do, what herbs and spices do you use to make it your own? Are there any other cheeses you think would work well? If you haven’t tried it yet, what are you waiting for?! Let us know how it goes!