Sometimes, it’s easy to take those small, cheap household staples for granted. Just because things like rubber bands and toothpicks are easy to get your hand on (and are probably lying around in several rooms in your home) doesn’t mean their uses aren’t endless. Take a look at some ideas from Real Simple:
Clear Nail Polish
- Keep an eyeglass screw in place by tightening it and topping it with a dollop of polish.
- Avoid rust stains on the ledge of the tub by applying a layer of polish to the bottom of shaving cream cans.
- Seal an envelope that won’t stay closed with some clear polish.
- Extend the life of your costume jewelry by painting on a thin layer of polish.
- When you’re done using a roll of tape, wrap the end around a toothpick so you can easily find the starting place next time.
- Use toothpicks to identify which meats/burgers are rare or well-done.
- Easily glue beads or sequins to craft projects using the sharp ends of toothpicks.
For many more great uses for kitchen and bathroom staples, head over to 28 Uses for Everyday Items.