Looking to spice things up when it comes to dinner? Well, this recipe for Mexican Stuffed Chicken not only delivers with spicy flavor, but also spices things up when it comes to variety. Trust us when we say that this is not your average chicken dinner. With some help from a few delicious Old El Paso ingredients, this recipe transforms 4 boring chicken breasts into a meal that will excite your entire family. Take a look at how easy it is to make this stunning dish. We’re pretty sure it will become a weeknight favorite in your home in no time.
MEXICAN STUFFED CHICKEN
Makes 4 chicken breasts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 5.4 oz package of Old El Paso Nacho Cheese-Flavored Taco Shells
- 4 chicken breasts – butterflied and pounded thin
- 1 cup Old El Paso refried beans
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 – 4.5 oz Old El Paso chopped green chiles – well drained
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. / 175 degrees C. In a food processor, pulse
the taco shells into a fine crumb. Place in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast open, cover in plastic wrap and pound thin.
Season both sides with salt and pepper and spread ¼ cup refried beans
over the cut side of each breast. Layer ⅓ cup cheese on top of the beans and
spoon a tablespoon of the drained green chilies on top of each.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly away from you and secure with 2-3
toothpicks. Bread the prepared chicken in the taco crumbs, pressing evenly
on all sides. Place chicken on a baking rack placed over a sheet pan and
bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal
temperature of 165 degrees F/ 74 degrees C. Allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes