Summer is our favorite time of the year, but it is murder on our hair! A perfect day outside often ends with our strands dry and tangled. There are lots of products on the shelves designed to restore them, but why get sucked into that money-wasting cycle when you can just turn the conditioner you already have into a leave-in version that will leave it soft, manageable, shiny, and smelling great? All you have to do is follow this simple recipe from One Good Thing By Jillee, and you’ll never buy expensive leave-in conditioners again!
– Your favorite conditioner
– Distilled water
– 1 teaspoon carrier oil (almond, jojoba, olive, coconut or other vegetable oil that dilutes and carries the essential oil to the skin)
– 5 to 6 drops of your favorite essential oil
- In a spray bottle, mix 1 part of your favorite conditioner with 3 parts distilled water. Use more water for fine hair and less water for thick, coarse hair.
- Add 1 teaspoon of your chosen carrier oil and 5 to 6 drops of your essential oil.
- Mix everything thoroughly by shaking the bottle.
You can use this leave-in conditioner on both dry hair and damp, freshly washed hair, and in-between washes to re-moisturize it. Make it last longer by storing in the refrigerator. Easy! Have you ever made your own leave-in conditioner before? How do you keep your hair healthy in harsh summer weather?