Ever have one of those mornings where you can’t decide what to have for breakfast? Eggs look good…but then so does some sausage…but oh, man, waffles? Yes, please. No – hash browns! Instead of this internal argument (or external, depending on how you talk to yourself), why not have EVERYTHING? Sounds silly, we know, but now you can enjoy all the best parts of breakfast in one epic casserole. Appropriately named: The Lumberjack casserole. Watch the video below to see how you can make your breakfast the way lumberjacks do…which apparently is amazingly.
I wish I could eat breakfast for every meal just to have this every day. Brinner, anyone?
You start with a layer of roasted red potatoes, then cheese, savory breakfast sausage, waffles, and MORE CHEESE come to the party. Hungry yet? We most certainly are.
What do you think of this epic breakfast casserole? Will you be making this for your next brunch?
– Olive oil
– Red peppers
– Salt and pepper
– Red potatoes
– Whole Milk
– 2 eggs
– Cheddar cheese
– Breakfast sausage
2. In a separate bowl, have your chopped red potatoes. Put this mixture over the potatoes and mix.
3. In another bowl, combine your milk with your eggs, salt, and pepper. Whisk.
4. Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with vegetable oil. Put in your potatoes. Cover with cheese. Then put on a layer of sausage, followed by a layer of waffles. Add more cheese.
5. Wrap dish in tin foil and bake at 350 F. for 40 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with scallions and enjoy!