A day, or even a few hours, at the spa can be a relaxing and rewarding retreat. However, it can also cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars. While you’ll get pampered by a well-trained group of professionals, you’ll probably drive yourself nuts thinking about the money going into the visit. That would be enough to ruin my relaxation buzz.
More Style Than Cash has an alternative to spending the day at an expensive luxury spa. Why not recreate a spa environment in the comfort of your own home? Sure, this takes some planning, but in the end it could be worth the effort.
Take a look at some of the steps you should follow to plan your home spa day:
The Day or Two Before Your Spa Day
- Plan the date of your spa day
- Make sure your home is clean and tidy! Nothing will distract you more from relaxing than staring a pile of dirty laundry.
- Choose what treatments you are going to do. You could do waxing treatments, eye brow plucking, hair conditioning, body scrub, long soaking bath, manicure, pedicure, etc. Make sure you have all ingredients (homemade if you can!) needed for these activities.
- Choose the scents that you’ll use. Try not to mix and match too many scents because that would be overwhelming for the senses.
- Set up a tray for treatments so that everything is readily available and you don’t have to search for items needed.
- Make sure your fluffiest towels and robes are clean.
- Choose the menu for the day (for breakfast, lunch, dinner, nibbles and champagne) and buy food. Prepare these foods in advance if you can.
- Head to the library for exercise, relaxation or Yoda DVDs, music and nature sound CDs, magazines, books or audiobooks.
- Set up a schedule for the day.
- Put out fresh flowers.
The Day of the Spa
- Set phone to go directly to voicemail.
- Put a privacy sign on the front door.
- Enjoy your day, either by yourself or with a friend or family member.
Check out the full article with more tips for your own at-home spa day at At Home Spa – Luxury on a Budget. Your at-home spa may take some work, but if you enjoy it, it could become a regular indulgence!