Deviled eggs are one of my very, very favorite snacks, so I’m always excited – and a little skeptical – whenever I hear about a new recipe that promises to improve them. But I’ve never felt that mix of emotions more strongly than when I heard about THIS version of the classic that adds another of my food faves: guacamole! The recipe comes to us from Jerry James Stone, and while it sounds a little crazy, the result is utterly mouth-watering and game-changing. Check it out!
– 6 eggs
– 1 avocado
– 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (more for garnish)
– 1 teaspoon serrano chili, minced
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, finely ground
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 olive oil
– New Mexico chili powder (for garnish)
- Hard-boil and peel the eggs.
- Halve the eggs and remove the yolks, placing them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cilantro, serrano chili, mustard seeds, lemon juice, salt and olive oil to the yolks, and mix well.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Mash in a separate mixing bowl.
- Fold the yolk mixture and mashed avocado together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Use a spoon or a pastry bag to fill the halved eggs with the avocado-yolk mixture.
- Top with chili powder and cilantro, and enjoy!
Crazy, but crazy-good, right?! What do you think of this idea? Have you ever incorporated avocado into your deviled eggs before?