Summer is FINALLY here, and that means it’s time to start whipping up all of our warm-weather, picnic-ready foods. Top of the list? Deviled eggs, of course! We can’t get enough of them, especially when we’re finding ways to put fresh flavor twists on them. Today’s twist incorporates one of our other food favorites: avocados! That’s right, we’re making Guacamole Deviled Eggs, and they’re so easy and delicious. Check them out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced Serrano pepper
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Gently peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in a small bowl. Rinse the whites in water and place hole-side-down on a paper towel to dry.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the flesh and add to the bowl with the egg yolks.
- With a fork, mash the yolks and avocado together. Add the lime juice and salt, and stir in the chopped herbs and Serrano pepper.
- Flip the egg whites over so the well faces up and generously spoon the avocado mixture into each one.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or chopped chives.
What an easy way to spice up deviled eggs! Have you ever tried ones like these before? Are there any other twists on deviled eggs you think we should try? If you love the egg and avocado combo, try our baked avocado eggs recipe.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes