No Christmas is complete without some traditional garland. Garland can come in all shapes, sizes…and prices. Why spend the money on garland when you can make your own festive decoration for next to nothing?
Using just some holiday colored ribbon and a string of lights, you can create your own, DIY Christmas garland and bring the holiday spirit to your home all on your own! It’s incredibly easy (and affordable) to make this beautifully festive piece of holiday decor.
You can customize this project however you’d like; if you’d prefer to use colored string lights and a more neutral shade of ribbon, that’s fine! If you’d prefer to deck your lights with colors for a different wintertime holiday, go for it. Or if you have a more non-traditional color combination, that works, too! The choices are vast and they’re up to you.
Once you’ve chosen how you want your garland to look, you can get to work! You should be able to get this done, depending on how long your string of lights is, in well under an hour.
So put on a holiday movie or some tunes and enjoy your craft!
Lit Christmas Garland
- Thick ribbon (as many colors as desired, she uses three)
- String lights
- Start by laying out your string of lights.
- Next, cut your strips of ribbon, cutting equal amounts of each color in about 1′ strips.
- Start tying the ribbon to the lights one by one. Feel free to layer the ribbon on top of one another and right next to one another to create a fuller effect.
- Do this for the entire length of your string of lights before hanging on your mantle.
What do you think of this fun holiday DIY? Share your thoughts on this festive project in the comments section below.
What do you think of this cheap, adorable holiday decoration? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.