The best kind of breakfast to have on Christmas morning is something that’s delicious and easy. So this cheesy, make-ahead sausage casserole is the perfect solution. In the morning, all you have to do if heat up the oven and bake your casserole to perfection. Check out the AllRecipes recipe:
Here’s what you need to make 8 servings:
-1 lb. ground pork sausage
-1 tsp mustard powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-4 eggs, beaten
-2 cups milk
-6 slices of white bread (toasted and cut into cubes)
-8 oz. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
And here’s what you do:
On Christmas Eve
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet and cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain the sausage and set aside.
- Mix together eggs, salt and mustard powder in a medium bowl.
- Add in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour entire mixture into a greased 9″x13″ baking dish. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for an addition 30 minutes until set.
- Enjoy with your family while you open gifts!