As they say over on Just Putzing Around the Kitchen, “there is no problem a pile of crispy fries smothered in melted cheese and crunchy bacon bits can’t solve.” After trying this Bacon Cheese Fries recipe, we definitely agree! It’s the perfect guilty-pleasure snack for curling up on the couch, and quick to whip up whenever the craving calls.
– ½ package frozen, store-bought french fries. You can also make them with homemade fries!
– ½ cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
– ½ cup grated Colby Jack cheese
– 2 strips bacon
– Green onions, for garnish (optional)
- In a frying pan or skillet, cook bacon strips until crispy. Allow to drain on paper towels, then crumble or chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cook frozen french fries according to the package instructions. Scoop fries onto an oven-safe plate.
- Layer grated cheese and bacon bits over the top of your cooked fries.
- Set oven to low broil.
- Stick cheese/bacon-covered fries back in the oven for about 1 minute, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with some chopped green onion.
- Enjoy immediately, with lots of ketchup and blue cheese dressing.