The next time you’re scooping out your latest summer watermelon, don’t throw the rind away! Instead, keep it on hand for this cute and easy recipe from Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio that adds some extra wiggle and jiggle to sweet summer tastes. Check out how easy it is to make!
– 1 mini-watermelon
– 1 package red Jell-O (8 serving size)
– 3 packages unflavored gelatin
– 2 cups boiling water
– Chocolate chips
- Cut the watermelon in half. Remove the red fruit, leaving the white rind. Store the red fruit for a snack or future recipe!
- In a medium bowl, stir together the boiling water, Jell-O and gelatin, until dissolved.
- Pour the Jell-O mixture into the watermelon rind. Allow to set and harden for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the watermelon.
- Use a straw to push the chocolate chips down into the slit in the watermelon.
- Slice and serve when ready.
You should store your Jell-O watermelon in the fridge, wrapped or in a sealed container. I especially love that chocolate chips are involved in this treat. What do you think? Is this recipe a fun way to serve Jell-O, or do you prefer your watermelon rind to have actual watermelon in it.