We love all our favorite warm, comfort food recipes, but when the weather heats up, our cravings turn to things healthier, lighter, and easier to make. One dish still packing in the taste without even requiring you to turn on your oven? Cucumber Rolls! These easy roll-ups are packed with a deliciously addictive hummus mixture that pretty much guarantees you won’t be able to stop at just one. Luckily, they’re so quick and simple to whip up, you won’t have to! Watch how they’re made, then keep some on hand for easy summer eating.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
– 2 to 3 cucumbers
– 1 cup hummus
– ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
– ½ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
– 20 pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
– 2 tablespoons oregano, roughly chopped
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the cucumber lengthways into slices about 1/16 inch (2 millimeters) thick. Place the slices on a paper towel while the filling is prepared.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hummus, feta, red pepper, olives, oregano and black pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling on one end of each cucumber slice and roll away from you. Use a toothpick to secure each roll. Chill until ready to serve.
So easy! This dish would be great for an appetizer or a light, healthy lunch, don’t you think? Have you ever made cucumber roll-ups like these ones before?
Recipe adapted from Good Life Eats