This season, there’s no need to go spending money on beautiful Christmas decorations – it’s the holidays, let’s face it, you’re spending enough money on cookie dough, presents, and wrapping paper as it is.
So if you’re on the hunt for affordable holiday decor, look no further than this fun DIY. These mason jar decorations are simple, cheap, and come out looking stunning! They have a subtle affect, but they bring just the right amount of festive cheer into your space.
Not only that, but they’re incredibly simple to make! All you’ll need is a mason jar, a scissor or razor blade, a Sharpie, modge podge, glitter and acrylic paint. For the template, try here and watch the video below to see how the whole process is done!
What do you think about this holiday craft? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
DIY Holiday Candle Jars
- Mason jar
- Scissor or razor blade
- Modge podge
- Acrylic paint
- Print out the online template. Once you have it on paper, fold the paper down so only the design is showing. Use a scissor or razor to cut off the folded extra paper.
- Once you’re left with just the design, roll it into a circle and put it inside your jar.
- Use a Sharpie to trace the design onto the outside of the glass.
- Apply modge podge inside each outlined object (the trees and the church, if you use the templates provided.)
- Sprinkle glitter onto the wet modge podge, turning the glass over so the excess will come off.
- If you don’t like glitter, simply cut out the template design and glue it to the outside of the jar. Paint the white designs black for an extra cool affect.
- Finish off either design by dipping a bunch of toothpicks in some white paint. Dab the toothpicks over the design, on the bare glass on the jar, to create the look of snow.
- Put a tealight inside to make the jar glow beautifully.