Potato salad is a summer staple. Creamy and tangy, potato salad has all the bright, rich flavors that you imagine from summertime! And because it’s so easy to package up and transport, potato salad makes the ultimate barbecue or picnic food. But are you looking to mix this up this summer? We have the perfect way to upgrade your potato salad right here – by making it a roasted chicken and potato salad. This recipe is unbelievably good and simple to throw together for your next shindig. All you have to do is watch the video below to learn how to make this revamped summer favorite yourself!
We’re used to the creamy texture of potato salad, and that’s not going away, but roasting the potatoes brings a whole new crunch to your favorite picnic side!
And to amp up the flavor even more, we’re poaching the chicken. This is going to bring so much flavor to our chicken breast – and then, as if that wasn’t enough, we’re adding a mouthwatering mixture of sage, bay leaf, black peppercorn, and BACON. That’s right, bacon came to the party.
What do you think of this fun new twist on potato salad? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
CHICKEN POTATO SALAD
– Cooking oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chicken breast
– Black peppercorn
– Bay leaf
– 1/2 cup – 1 cup of mayonnaise
2. While the potatoes cook, prepare your chicken. Put your chicken breast into your pot, dropping your seasoning on top. Fill the pot with water just to cover the chicken and bring it to a boil. When it gets to a boil, bring it down to a simmer and let it poach.
3. Chop up your celery, onion, and garlic and put that in your presentation bowl (where your salad will end up).
4. When the chicken is poached, take your breast and half it. Then chop the chicken into smaller pieces and add that to the bowl. Take your potatoes out of the oven and add those to the bowl. Chop some sage and add that to the bowl.
5. Put about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of mayo into your bowl with a few squirts of mustard and some paprika.
6. In a separate pan on the stove, crisp your bacon. Once evenly cooked, break it into small pieces and add to your bowl.
7. Stir to combine and top with some paprika for presentation!