Eating meals that are light and warm-weather-worthy doesn’t have to mean giving up on taste and indulgence. Oh no. As this dish proves, quite the opposite is true! When you put classic caprese ingredients together with a perfectly-sautéed piece of chicken, it feels utterly indulgent. When it’s topped with avocado, too? It’s to-die-for. Check it out and give yourself a treat!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
– 4 – 5-to-6-ounce thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– ½ teaspoon onion powder
– ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 6-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
– 4 avocado slices
– 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
– 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
– ⅓ cup basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning together, and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken breasts on each side for about 5 minute per side, until browned and cooked-through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
- When the chicken is almost done, turn off the heat and put 1 slice mozzarella on each piece of chicken and let it to melt slightly. You can cover the pan with a lid to help the cheese melt faster.
- Top with 1 slice each of avocado, 1 slice each of tomato, and basil.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and enjoy!
How delicious does this dish look? It’s one of those meals that uses really basic ingredients to make something that feels utterly indulgent. What do you think of it? Are there any other meats you like to make caprese-style?