When you’re hosting a crowd for the big game on Sunday – or just enjoying some company to ward off the winds of winter! – you always want to make sure you’ve got some tasty food to offer. One thing that’s always a hit, no matter the time of day you serve it? Sliders! And now, with our easy way of prepping them, you don’t have to stand over a grill pan making a ton of tiny burgers. Instead, it’s a dish everybody can dig into together, and guaranteed to please everybody. Check out: Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Sliders! Watch how they’re made, then keep reading for the recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or bacon fat
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef (lean is fine)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 dinner rolls
- Yellow mustard (optional)
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 9-12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Diced tomato (optional)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Diced pickles (optional)
- Sriracha sauce, spicy Ketchup, or ketchup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). Line two 9-inch-by-13-inch baking sheets or baking dishes with foil.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil or bacon fat, followed by the onions and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Cook for a few minutes, until the onions have softened and just started to caramelize.
- Add the garlic, if using, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to high and add the ground beef. Season with the remaining salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half to make the buns, and place the bottom halves on the lined baking sheet or baking dish. If using yellow mustard, squeeze over the bottom half of the rolls. Top with beef mixture, bacon, and the sliced cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes while you prepare the bun tops.
- Place the top halves of the rolls on the second lined baking sheet or dish, and brush with the beaten egg white. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the the top of the rolls.
- Place the sheet of bun tops in the oven next to the bun bottoms, and bake both for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese on the bottoms is melted and both sets of buns are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute. Add your desired toppings and condiments, and finish with the top half of the buns. Serve warm.
- The number of cheddar cheese slices you use will depend on the size of your dinner rolls. Nine to 10 usually works for most sizes.
- To help the sesame seeds stick to the dinner rolls, the beaten egg white is the best option, but you can also use melted butter if you prefer.
These sliders look SO good, don’t you think? They’re just the perfect thing to serve at your next party or game day get-together. Your guests will love that they feel like they’re getting a real meal, and you’ll love how simple they are to throw together!
Now, what do you think of these Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Sliders? Will you give them a try? What toppings do you like to include on your sliders? How would you make this recipe your own? Tell us is you try it and how it turns out for you!
Recipe adapted from CBS 6 WTVR