There’s nothing more fun, food-wise, than trying something new, but we’ll be the first to admit that sometimes we hesitate to stray away from our proven favorites. After all, what if you buy a bunch of ingredients and spend significant time prepping only to discover you’re not a fan of the new dish at all? That’s why we’re such big fans of finding new twists on old standards, especially ones that bring together TWO of our favorite dishes in some fantastic fusion— like these Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls! This new way of enjoying one of our favorite treats is super easy and comes together quickly. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BACON CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
– ½ pound ground beef
– 6 ounces bacon, cooked and diced
– ½ onion, diced
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– 12 egg roll wrappers
– 2 teaspoons butter
– Oil, for frying
- Sauté the onions in the butter. Once the onions are translucent, add the salt and pepper.
- When the onions start to brown, add the paprika and beef, and cook until cooked-through and brown.
- Remove beef and onion mixture from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the cheese and bacon and mix well.
- Spoon roughly 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling into each egg roll wrapper. Roll and fold the wrapper tightly around the filling, dampening the last corner and pressing tightly to seal.
- In ½ inch of oil heated to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit, fry each egg roll until each side is browned.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
Couldn’t be easier! What do you think? Have you ever had a bacon cheeseburger egg roll before?