No matter how much we expand our palates, our favorite foods will always be the ones that remind us of simple, happy childhood times. The best combine that nostalgia with a delicious grown-up twist, like what POPSUGAR Food does with good old peanut-butter-and-jelly. Take a look at how they turn this traditional sandwich into a truly special summer treat.
– 1 banana
– 1 raw flour tortilla
– 2 tablespoons peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
– 1 tablespoon butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Slice the banana lengthwise with the peel on and grill, cut side down, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Peel the banana and set aside.
- Grill the tortilla for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cooked but still soft.
- While the tortilla is still warm, spread with peanut butter and jelly, and then add the peeled banana.
- Roll the tortilla into a burrito.
- Use a pastry brush to spread butter on the outside of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the burrito seam side down and grill for a couple minutes on both sides.
- Serve warm.
Have you ever had grilled peanut butter and jelly before? What about turning it into a burrito? Tell us what you think of this recipe!