When you make your own foods, you get more than the satisfaction of knowing that created something. In most cases, you’ll also save a nice chunk of change! Check out some cool DIYs you may not have considered:
- Tator Tots: make these treats with russet potatoes, flour, fine salt and oil. The experiment with some cool and easy dipping sauces.
- DIY Magic Shell for Ice Cream: all you need are 2 bars of good quality chocolate and 100 grams of coconut oil to make this magical topping for your favorite ice cream.
- English Muffins: they’re easy to make and they’re likely to taste even better than the store-bought stuff.
- Marshmallow Creme (Fluff): provide your own fluff for peanut butter and fluff sandwiches Just grab from sugar, corn syrup, egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: here’s a great way to rescue those fresh hot peppers you have that shriveled up.
- Cornflakes: make your own cereal with some yellow cornmeal, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Peanut Butter Chips: create these delicious additions to any baked good with peanut butter, powdered sugar, agave nectar (or maple syrup or honey) and coconut oil.
- Sprinkles: top your baked good with colorful homemade sprinkles with this simple recipe.
Read more over at Buzzfeed’s 29 Foods You Didn’t Know You Could DIY.