Cauliflower is amazing. We have already established that fact. It’s an excellent substitution when you want to make mashed potatoes without using potatoes, or mac & cheese when you don’t want to use noodles. But the power of cauliflower extends so much further than we even imagined. Take a look at some unexpected ways to switch out carbs for cauliflower in your favorite recipes:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks:Jo CooksTurning cauliflower into pizza is probably one of the most genius things that has ever happened. Just create a dough with a cauliflower base and bake it for about 25 minutes before adding toppings.
- Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese:The Iron YouBake cauliflower into bread slices to make this too-good-to-believe version of grilled cheese.
- Caulifolwer Hash:An Edible MosaicFor a carb-free breakfast, just make some cauliflower hash to go with your eggs. And as a bonus, cauliflower cooks quicker than potatoes.
- Cauliflower Nachos:Busy in BrooklynCut the chips but keep the awesome flavor and crunch of nachos. This is sure to be an instant snack-time favorite.
- Cauliflower Fritters:CocineritaLooking for a healthier version of latkes, fritters or croquettes? Here it is!
- Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie:Oven LoveMake a healthier version of the classic recipe. The perfect guilt-free comfort food for a cold winter evening.