Cornstarch seems like a pretty random kitchen necessity, doesn’t it? I can’t remember the last time I used it to actually cook. So it basically just sits in the back of my cupboard waiting for its time to shine. Well, cornstarch, your moment has arrived. As it turns out, cornstarch has another calling besides being used in obscure cooking recipes! It’s actually a very handy cleaning tool and Clean My Space is going to show us some unexpected ways we can use cornstarch around the house. Watch the video below to find out how.
1. Grease Stains – Corn starch is perfect for grease stains on carpets or furniture! Sprinkle some starch on the stain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, or even over night. Vacuum up the crusty cornstarch and you’ll find the stain is gone!
2. Window Cleaner – Add a tablespoon to your regular window and glass cleaner. Shake it up and clean your windows as usual – but you’ll find a much more streak-free shine with the addition of cornstarch!
3. Wood Polish – To blot up excess residue of your wood polish, sprinkle some cornstarch and let it soak up that extra polish! Buff clean for a perfect shine.
4. Extra-Clean Clothes – Get your clothes that professional straight-from-the-dry cleaners feeling by adding 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to 2 cups cold water. Shake the mixture well and spray it on your clothes before ironing for that special crisp and clean feeling.
5. Cat’s Fur – If you want your cat’s fur to be extra shiny and healthy (plus a lot less smelly) sprinkle some cornstarch over your cat’s fur. This is a trick professional cat showers do before entering their felines into competitions.
Do you use cornstarch in a brilliant way? Share your tricks in the comments section below!