Editor’s Note: This tip was originally submitted as a comment in response to daisycatt1’s tip on the Mutliple Uses of Vinegar:
My folks used vinegar on everything. Mom is 93.
- Rinsing your hair in vinegar after a perm or coloring helps rid the smell and no you won’t smell like vinegar when it dries. You can rinse with water after the vinegar rinse, if you’re concerned.
- Mold on clothes – just put vinegar in the washer.
- Spilt milk that wasn’t found for sometime and had soured – vinegar removed smell.
- Douche – cheap.
- Pimples – I keep an old pill bottle in the bathroom with a little vinegar to rub on my face – acts like a facial peel.
- Bird feeders – I pour vinegar and water in a bucket or in my large utility sink and soak them, then scrub them. Safer for the birds.
- Malt vinegar used on french fries – I’m hooked.
- My husband also likes vinegar on ribs or fried food.
- As a tonic for arthritis.
- Sore throat – warm water with vinegar and salt – heals and draws out the crud.
- Swimmer’s ear – a drop of white vinegar in each ear – for those kids that swim daily.
- Fungus – soak feet daily in vinegar water.
- Rash – vinegar in the bathwater.