Zucchini is one of the many veggies you’ll find in season and on the cheap in markets and grocery stores. So here are some ideas for making the best of them while they’re at their best:
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Lemon and Scallions: here’s a simple salad for summer that you can throw together in less than 20 minutes.
- Ravioli with Roasted Zucchini: amp up a simple cheese ravioli on the cheap with crushed red pepper, Parmesan cheese, and garlic-roasted zucchini.
- Zucchini-Mushroom Pizza: here’s a creative sauce-free alternative to your average pizza pie.
- Turkey Burgers with Zucchini and Carrot: this one’s great for that end-of-the-summer barbecue. Just grate up some zucchini and carrots to mix into your ground turkey. Not only will your burgers be delicious, but they’ll have more nutritional value.
- Zucchini Pie: use grated zucchini and a few other simple ingredients to create a filling quiche-like dish.
Find more ways to make use of your summer zucchini over at Real Simple’s 12 Delicious Zucchini Recipes.