Making enough dinner to have leftovers later is a great way to save some money and time on meals. The Kitchn has put together a great list of meals that are especially good as leftovers later. In order for the recipes to make The Kitchn’s list, they had to fit the following 3 requirements:
- Reheats well or tastes good cold.
- Easy to eat at a desk.
- Easy to portion and pack up to-go.
Here are a few of the recipe ideas:
- Marvelous Meatloaf: a great meatloaf is easy to make in “bulk.” You can plan ahead for leftover sandwiches or pitas for lunch, for example.
- Chickpea Casserole with Lemon, Herbs and Shallots: packed with protein and fresh flavor, this casserole is easy to cut up into single servings for lunch the next day.
- Goat Cheese and Swiss Chard Pasta Casserole: this pasta recipe is deliciously unique and makes for great leftovers.
What are your favorite dinners that make great lunch leftovers? Find many more ideas over at The Kitchn’s 10 Dinner Recipes That Make Great Lunch Leftovers.