It’s hard to resist salty snacks and sides, especially when you’re barbecuing or hosting a summer cook-out. Our favorite compromise? Zucchini fritters! These easy-to-make and quick fritters are the perfect summer dish, turning the delicious veggie into an addictive treat. The only hard part is waiting for the zucchini to drain! Watch to see what we mean and how easy they are to make, and give them a try tonight.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Yield: 12 to 14 fritters
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup green onion, sliced, both green and white parts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Place the shredded zucchini in a strainer, set over a bowl, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze as much liquid as possible from the zucchini, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, green onions, salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Once hot, scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the pan. Press lightly into rounds and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned. Flip the fritters and cook for another 2 minutes, until golden brown and cooked-through.
- Remove the fritters to the paper-towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat until all of the zucchini mixture has been used.
- Serve topped with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Tasty, quick and fun! Have you ever made fritters out of zucchini or other veggies before? What do you think of this recipe?
Recipe adapted from Just a Taste