We’ve all had those mornings where there’s just no time to sit down for a full, balanced breakfast; for a lot of us, those mornings are every single day. Breakfast bars are a reliable go-to when looking for something to grab on your way out the door, but the ones from the grocery store are often full of unnecessary sugars. Never fear, though! To the rescue come these No-Bake, Make-Ahead Breakfast Bars from Darebee, which you can quickly whip up one weekend for weeks of easy morning nutrition.
– 5 cups uncooked oatmeal
– 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
– 1 cup coconut cream or milk
– 3 tablespoons honey
- Whisk the coconut cream or milk until the mixture smooth.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and mix everything together with a spoon.
- Add the uncooked oatmeal and mix well. You may need to use your hands at this point. (Darebee recommends disposable gloves for this step.)
- Flatten the mix in a dish. You can use whatever size baking dish you want, depending on how thick you want your bars to be.
- Chill in the fridge overnight, or for a minimum of 2 hours. Cut into 12 or 16 bars, or however many you want.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to adapt to your needs. You can make as few or as many as you want ahead of time, and you can choose to store them either cut-up in bar form or in the dish in sheet form. What are your favorite quick morning meals? Have you ever tried making your own breakfast bars?