How to Make the Perfect Cinnamon Rolls for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to enjoy sweet, yummy treats, especially ones of the cute and festive variety! Since the day of love falls on a weekend this year, why not start celebrating as soon as you wake up with a valentine-worthy breakfast? We know just the one: these pink cinnamon rolls from Yoyomax12! She’s here today to show us how to whip up a batch from scratch and give them that special Valentine’s Day twist. Watch how, then start baking with love!
VALENTINE’S DAY CINNAMON ROLLS
Makes 12 rolls
– 1/2 box of cake mix (white or yellow)
– 1 package (2 ¼ teaspoons) instant dry yeast
– 1 ¼ cups warm water
– ½ teaspoon vanilla
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 2 ½ cups flour
– Pink food coloring
– 1 cup sugar (for filling)
– Cinnamon (for filling)
– Frosting of your choice
– Heart sprinkles, for decorating
- Combine the cake mix, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, vanilla and food coloring.
- Add the water mix to the flour/cake mix mixture. Stir until a dough ball forms. Knead with your hands to get a smooth elastic dough, or use a dough hook on your mixer. The dough will be sticky!
- Place the dough ball in a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled. Rising should take about an hour, depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- Grease a 10-inch-by-15-inch baking dish.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the dough into a rough rectangle shape about ¼-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the sugar onto the dough, followed by the cinnamon.
- Starting on the long side, roll up the dough into a long log.
- Slice the log into 2-inch slices and place cut-side-down into the greased baking dish. Cover and allow to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- While the dough rises, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Uncover the rolls and bake for 20 minutes, until the rolls are done and light brown on top.
- Frost the rolls when they are warm for a runnier consistency or after cooling for a thicker consistency. Sprinkle with heart sprinkles, if desired.
Store the rolls at room temperature in a covered container. They’re best eaten the same day you make them, but they should last a few days. If they start to stale, you can freshen them up by popping them into the microwave for a few seconds before eating! Do you think you’ll give these pink rolls a try? What other special Valentine’s Day breakfasts do you enjoy?