Here’s a Brilliant Twist on the Classic Peach Cobbler
The sweet flavor of peach cobbler makes it one of the best desserts imaginable. Peaches are in their prime, and nothing says “summer” like the crunch of that crumbly, cinnamon sugar topping. If you love peach cobbler but you want to update this classic dessert, you have to try these peach cobbler cupcakes!
Essentially, they’re all the flavor of your favorite summer cobbler in a portable treat that looks just adorable. This is the perfect dessert to make for a summer dinner party or backyard barbecue. Your guests will go crazy for these cute, delicious morsels of peach! Watch the video below to see how you can make this revamped peach cobbler right at home.
Peach season is upon us – but it won’t be around forever! Peaches come into season as early as May and go out of season as late at September, but August is truly when this fruit’s peak comes to a close.
You know what that means? You only have about a month left to try this dessert in its prime!
This treat is an ultimate mashup, and an unexpected one, at that.
Cupcakes are the perfect party dessert. They’re easy to make in bulk, they always present well, and they’re easy for guests to take and go! This way they can mingle, check out your amazing landscaping, or even hit the road with dessert in hand if they need to.
Meanwhile, peach cobbler is bursting with all the warm, fruity flavors of summer. In its cobbler form, however, this dessert tends to get messy when serving and eating. So combining all this flavor with all the convenience of cupcakes just makes for one super dessert.
What do you think of these peach cobbler cupcakes? Do you like this twist on this classic dessert?
Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 stick butter
- Granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Sour cream
- Peach halves
- Peach preserves
- Lemon juice
- Light brown sugar
- Melted butter
For Cream Topping:
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Confectioners sugar
- Fill a muffin tin with cupcakes liners and spray with baking spray.
- Blend pecans in a food processor, pulsing until finely ground. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Combine sugar and butter in an electric blender. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Add two eggs while the blender is beating, one at a time.
- Alternate adding a bit of the flour mixture and a little sour cream to the butter mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter into liners. Add two pieces of peach to each cupcake before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22-24 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, make your crumb topping. Add flour, pecans, light brown sugar, salt, and melted butter and stir to combine. Make sure to purposefully make clumps.
- Spread your topping on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the cupcakes. Let them cool for ten minutes in the muffin tin, then let them cool the rest of the way on a baking rack.
- In your mixer, beat the heavy cream, sour cream, and sugar to make your cream topping.
- Top cupcakes off with the cream topping and, finally, the crumb topping. Enjoy!