Update Boring Furniture With This Clever, Whimsical Idea
Bored with your old dresser, but don’t want to spend the money on a new piece of furniture altogether? Then you’ll want to try this whimsical trick we learned over at Apartment Therapy. Just grab any kind of small toy, costume jewelry piece, or really anything plastic that you can think of – let your imagination guide you. And you can turn any piece of furniture with drawer pulls from drab to fab.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Plastic object of your choosing (button, toy, costume jewelry, etc)
-Hanger bolts, washers and nuts
And here’s what you do!
- Figure out what the backside of your knob will be, then mark a spot in the center where you’ll drill the hole.
- Using the appropriate-sized drill bit, carefully drill a hole into the piece.
- Spray paint your pieces in the color of your choosing.
- Add a generous amount of glue to the end of a bolt, then thread the bolt into the piece. Allow the knob to dry completely.
- Attach the knob to the drawer, using a washer and nut to hold it in place.
- Enjoy your one-of-a-kind drawer pulls!