While lots of people have their own favorite kind of fried chicken and secret family spice recipe, one thing it seems most people can agree on is that the crunchier, the tastier! Up until now, we thought that flour was really the main ingredient to get that golden skin, but that was before we knew the genius of Cook With Aussie. He pairs flour with an extra ingredient that’s pure genius and super-crunchy. Watch to see what it is!
– 2 1/4 pounds chicken, cut into 8 portions
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup instant mashed potato powder
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup water
– Canola oil for frying
Great idea, right! Did you guess the secret ingredient? Be sure to watch to see how it comes together. We can’t believe it took an Aussie to invent this super-crunchy twist on this all-American dish. Have you ever heard of using instant mashed potato powder this way before? What are your own secrets for super-crunchy, super-delicious fried chicken?