The Ultimate Secret to Making the Best Potato Salad
Potato salad is a great frugal dish that’s perfect for summer cookouts and potlucks. The dish is also a great way to use up leftover condiments in your fridge.
So what’s the secret to excellent potato salad, however you make it? According to The Kitchen, it’s all about doing things in the right order. Take a look:
- While your potatoes are boiling, make your dressing and chop up your other ingredients.
- If you’re using a vinegar-based dressing, let the onions ro garlic sit in vinegar while potatoes are cooking. This will help to mellow out harsh flavors.
- Make sure you drain your potatoes thoroughly, then run them briefly under cold water to stop them from cooking. The drain again!
- Toss the potatoes with your dressing while the potatoes are still warm. The warm potatoes will absorb the dressing better.
- Add all the herbs and crunchy stuff after the salad has cooled down so that the ingredients stay fresh.
- Even if you’re serving your potato salad warm, let it sit for a few minutes at least before serving so the flavors can come together. If you’re serving it cold, put it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Before you serve it, do a final taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.