The Secret to Making Perfectly Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries
There’s nothing like a batch of homemade sweet potato fries made fresh from the oven. However, if you’re not in on this little secret, then you could end up with fries that are more mushy than crispy or crunchy. In order to get that nice crunch that you expect from your fries, you’ll need to utilize the power of corn starch. You’ll be amazed at how much of a difference it actually makes!
What You Need:
3 medium sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into fries
1/4 cup corn starch
Desired spices (salt, curry powder, dried herbs)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cut potatoes and corn flour to a large freezer bag, Shake enough to coat the fries evenly with corn starch.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, place fries onto prepared baking tray in a single layer.
- Sprinkle fries evenly with your desired spices.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until they are soft to the touch. You may want to flip the fries halfway through cooking time.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying plain or with your favorite dipping sauce!