Teriyaki Beef and Peppers
In the battle between home cooking and take-out, we’re about to move another recipe from the side of the restaurants to the side of YOUR kitchen. That’s right— we’re showing you how to make Teriyaki Beef and Peppers at home! This classic dish is super simple and pretty easy, with a quick-to-make marinade that gives the beef so much flavor, all while it just hangs out in your refrigerator. Whether you’ve always ordered your teriyaki or you’re a master of the homemade dish who just wants a new recipe, you’ll appreciate THIS. Just watch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
TERIYAKI BEEF AND PEPPERS
– 1 pound top round steak, cut into thin slices
– ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon minced ginger
– ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
– 1 ½ cups red, green and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into thin slices
– 1 small onion, cut into thin slices
– 1 large carrot (or 2 small carrots), peeled and cut into thin slices
- In a medium bowl, create a marinade by combining the teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes until well-mixed.
- Place the sliced steak in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat the peanut or vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until the pan is very hot. Remove the steak from the marinade, and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side, cooking in 2 batches if needed so the pan isn’t too crowded.
- Once the steak is browned, remove from the pan and add the vegetables. Stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the cooked steak back to the pan and stir together before serving.
This dish tastes absolutely wonderful, especially when you serve it alongside steamed rice. What do you think of it? Have you ever made beef teriyaki at home before?